OFFSHORE SIMULATOR COURSES DYNAMIC POSITIONING COURSES CRANE SIMULATOR COURSES BRIDGE SIMULATOR COURSES ECDIS SIMULATOR COURSES CARGO HANDLING SIMULATOR COURSES MARINE ENGINEERING ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONIC & CONTROL ENGG SAFETY, SECURITY & ADMIN COURSES DECK WORKS AND SEAMANSHIP COURSES COMPUTER SOFTWARE TRAINING COURSES CULINARY COURSES UNITOR WELDING COURSES ASSESSMENT PROGRAMS & TRADE TESTS CADET PROGRAM
» ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONIC & CONTROL ENGG
Course Title: MARINE ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE
|Duration:||2 Weeks (10 Days)|
|Course Contribution:||US$ 1,683.00 (NSA Member) / US$ 1,868.00 (Non-NSA Member)|
This course is primarily intended for marine engineer officers and electrical officers. It deals with the essential principles and practical aspects governing the operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment and common control systems found onboard ship. Training instructions and activities are tailored to take full advantage of the practical aspects of the work carried out on board.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to gain practical know-how and ability in reading schematics & diagrams, maintenance practices & faultfinding procedures for electrical equipment and control systems commonly found onboard ship.
COVERAGE / PROGRAM FOCUS:
The course deals with the following subject & training areas:
- Electrical Safety
- Circuit Testing and Test Instruments
- Isolation Procedure
- Electrical Symbol: Basic Control Components
- Type of Schematics
- Distribution & Switchgear
- Batteries and UPS Maintenance
- Common Control Components
- Ancillary Equipment: Ships’ Lighting
- Three Phase AC Motor Operation and Connection
- Ex Apparatus & Application
- Fault Finding Procedures
- Brushless 3 Phase AC Generator
- Frequency Converter
- Speed Controller
- Fire Detection System
- Instrumentation Symbols and Measurement Protocols
- Principles of Instrument Calibration
- Commissioning a Close Loop System
- Operation of a Closed Loop System
- Pneumatics and Electro Pneumatic Control
- Introduction to Programmable Logic Control
Combination of lecture & workshop instruction with intensive practice exercises focused on developing and enhancing ability to analyze, detect and repair electrical faults/errors.
ENTRY REQUIREMENT / TARGET GROUP:
Entry to this course is open to all engineer officers as well as electrician.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each participant who satisfactorily fulfills the Course.
Course DescriptionDownload Document (PDF)